Mount Calvary Lutheran Church’s pipe organ was built by the Reuter Organ Company in 1947 and was originally installed in the rear gallery. The chancel was renovated and enlarged in the 1960’s, with space created for the organ over the choir seating area to the left of the chancel. At that time, the Reuter Company was contracted to move the organ and add several stops. These additions were accomplished by adding gang switches in the console and organ chamber. Over the years, these had become unreliable. The reservoir leather and the swell shade pneumatic leather was failing. To make matters worse, a roof leak caused plaster and debris to fall down on some of the pipes.
The organ was due for a complete renovation. Most of the pipes were removed for cleaning and safe storage while the plaster was repaired by the church members. The wind system components were removed for repair and the chest magnet boards were removed for rewiring. Back in the Bedient shop, fresh leather and rubber cloth replaced all the old. A Virtuoso Control System built by Integrated Organ Technologies, Inc. was installed, but we maintained the original feel and appearance of the console. This organ is now ready for another 70 years of faithful service.
Reuter Organ Company,
Opus 748, 1947
Flute D’Amour 4
Nazard 2 2/3
Lieblich Gedeckt 16
Dolce Flute 8
* New stop in 2017, not a new rank